Here we are, it’s already Wednesday again! As I’m sure you can imagine, it’s been insane around here lately. It seems like time is FLYING by,
16 days until we’re homeless.
We didn’t get the house we put an offer in on. They accepted our offer but they didn’t think that it would appraise for that so they wanted us to get a renovation loan. Which means the house obviously had huge issues and we just couldn’t do all that long distance and needing to move in in less than 3 weeks.
So, as of right now, we still have no idea where we’re going.
We are taking this weekend to look at our “short list” of homes. There are 12 houses on there. 7 are on our “high priority” list and the other 5 are “back up” homes. No matter what though, even if we put an offer in this weekend, we still won’t be able to close by the time we need to move out of our house.
We’re trying to come up with a back up plan. But with a $5,000/year budget, 4 dogs, and 30 something chickens – it’s not like a hotel or an apartment is an option. We talked about maybe renting a house for a month but the odds of finding someone who will let us go month to month with all of our pets is slim to none. Living in a travel trailer for a month is looking more and more likely. But then we have to figure out how to move all of our stuff (not that there is much left) twice and where to store it while we wait to close. And we can’t figure any of this out until we find a house and get a firm move in date.
The logistics of something like this are a nightmare. Not only do we have all of the animals, but I also run a business out of our home. Shutting down for a month isn’t an option – I have two preorders coming in during that time. Not to mention I’ve worked my butt off to get business, I really don’t want to turn it away for a month!